Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

Summer tourists dumped lobstershells in front of my 14month

Customer Question

Summer tourists dumped lobstershells in front of my 14month old puppy she ate till I cleaned up the messwill she die
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,The Expert you requested is not on. My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in canine health.Lobster shells can have sharp edges and can cause a blockage depending on how much your dog ate. It also depends whether the dog ate large pieces or bothered to chew up the Lobster shells. At this tile I would feed some Whole grain bread to help cushion the sharp edges in passing through the intestinal system. I would also give a table spoon of Canned Pumpkin to help expedite the passing through. This is just first aid to protect the intestinal tract. In my opinion it would be wise to see an ER Vet, because we do know know exactly how much was ingested and how large a pieces were eaten. If you do not know where an ER Vet is Please supply a State, City and Zip code and I will try and locate some for you.Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan