How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 27906
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There, My dog accidentally ate chocolate I'm assuming last night around 2a

Customer Question

Hi there,
My dog accidentally ate weed chocolate I'm assuming last night around 2am. I didn't notice until this morning when I found the wrapper torn up. She is very loopy, however at this point it has been in her system for almost 12 hours.. What should I do? She is about 25 lbs
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
You can continue to "watchful wait". It's nigh impossible to seriously intoxicate dogs with THC. Depending upon the dose ingested, Lady might remain "loopy" for up to 4 days but if she has remained stable for 12 hours, she'll continue to remain stable. Check her gum and tongue color - they should remain nicely pink; check her respiratory rate - it should remain over 10 breaths/minute at rest; and keep her warm because THC ingestion can lower her body temperature.
Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.