Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist
2361900
Dog

Can I clean my dog's vagina with female wash?

Category: Dog
replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sir or Madam,
My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.
What condition are you trying to treat?
Are you talking about a feminine douche product?
Or are you talking about cleaning the outer vulva and folds?
What have you done so far?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Nothing so far I just wanted to know if I could use a feminine wash on her or just bath soap
Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst replied 1 year ago.
Jacustomer,
You can just use the dog shampoo or mild dawn dish washing liquid to wash her all over. No special soap is necessary down there normally. Now if she ever develops a discharge, you still would not use human vaginal washes as the ph of a dog's skin is different than ours. Dogs can get yeast dermatitis in the area and then you can use human miconazole cream in the area. We would normally recommend antibacterial wipes if you needed to clean just the folds of the vulva as that would cut down on bacteria in the area. This is something we recommend be done for overweight dogs or spayed dogs who are prone to urinary tract infections.
I hope this information is helpful to you. If you need more information or clarification, please reply and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. If you are satisfied, please take the opportunity to rate.