Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 14 month old dog went to the vet three days ago. We brought

Customer Question

My 14 month old dog went to the vet three days ago. We brought him there because he had been vomiting yellow foam/bile as well as undigested food. He was lethargic while he is usually extremely energetic. He was injected with antibiotics, fluid and anti vomit medication. He has a high white blood cell count. He has had some water and threw some up (even on the anti vomit medicine). He does not have an appetite and will not drink water. He has been on the antibiotics for three days. Our vet thinks it is pancreatitis but that is not contagious and we found out this morning that three other dogs in our building are experiencing similar issues. He has his parvo vaccination. Do you have any idea of what this could be or any suggestions?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient. Was a PLI test run to check for pancreatitis?Was a fecal test run to check for parasites and protozoan infections?How many parvo vaccimations has your dog received?When was the last one?When was his last deworming?