Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Dr. , thanks so much answer , she's not overweight

Customer Question

Hi Dr. B , thanks so much for your answer ,
she`s not overweight and doesn`t have any other issues , so can she continue to eat 85 gm. of protein every day indefinitely ?
She`s also getting 25 gm. of fiber per day , is this ok ?
thans again
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
As long as she is in good condition and health, then you can continue that amount without worry. As she gets older and there is less protein requirements for her body, you can choose to cut back (as we would with a senior diet) but it is not wholly necessary. Otherwise, fiber isn't a diet component that has a minimum requirement. Therefore, it can be used as needed to give them a feeling of fullness and to keep her stools firm. So, if we are meeting those requirements, then 25g is absolutely fine. And if her stool was runny or she was very hungry after you fed her, this could be bulked up as needed.
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )