Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

Just recently I noticed that my dog has some little pink

Customer Question

Just recently I noticed that my dog has some little pink bumps ON THE BACK OF HIS EARS. And just two days ago he scratched one of the bumps and started to bleed. It doesn't seem to hurt him but it hurts me knowing that the bump is there.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi there! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....Are those bumps smooth, or sort of lumpy like cauliflower?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its lumpy and I just got home and its worst today
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are yu seeing the picture that I am sending
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I can see the pictures with the spots...of course, it's hard to tell if it's lumpy from pictures.It looks like they might be sebaceous cysts that have become inflamed and caused him to be uncomfortable, so he's scratching at the area, causing it to bleed.The other possibility is that they could be some kind of bug bite that is causing a significant irritation.If this were me, for tonight, I'd wash the area with a gentle soap (baby shampoo) and warm water, and then pat it dry. Then apply a thin layer of topical antibiotic such as Neosporin and try to keep him from licking the area for at least 5 minutes to allow it to sink in and give it a chance to work.Tomorrow, give your vet a call and have them take a peek at it. It's possible that he's going to need a pain medication along with an oral antibiotic such as Amoxicillin to get the infection cleared up.I hope this helps.