Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My puppy chewed on a aunt trap, Don't think he ingested an

Customer Question

my puppy chewed on a aunt trap, Don't think he ingested any
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with interest in Canine Health.Did the puppy swallow any of the plastic or did he just chewit up and mangle it?Joan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't believe he swallowed any just mangled the corner
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,This is the second puppy today that has done this and I am very familiar with Ant Traps. I have checked the MSDS sheets.http://www.vspn.org/Library/misc/VSPN_M01289.htm The contents if ingested will not cause poisoning to pets. We have found they are low to no toxic effects for for dogs. There is a large margin of safety in the use of these ant traps. In fact the plastic does more harm than the bait inside the trap if a large amount of the plastic was ingested. In this case it does not sound like it would be an issue.I would still monitor your dog for any gastrointestinal upset and follow up with your Vet if there is a problem. If you feel any plastic may have been ingested I would give a little bit of bread to help trap any pieces to help them pass though easily.Joan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hi,You are welcome! I hope this puts your mind at ease. If I have addressed your concerns please take a moment to rate my service if you have not already done so, so I can be compensated for my time and answers.Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Just checking in to see how your Puppy is doing. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service positive so I can be copenstaed for my time and answers.Joan