Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I am a Rn, naturally felt prednisone would help but the dane

Customer Question

I am a Rn, naturally felt prednisone would help but the dane forums don't sound like they like it, of course since no vet avail until 7am perhaps it would help edema if it is spinal which I think it it too. I have 20 mg and 5mg avail. Several of each,
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
You should keep your questions on the same thread, to avoid being charged twice. I think you asked this question on another thread.
I agree, I would rather not use prednisone until we know for sure what is wrong, but giving a dose tonight and getting to your vet in the morning should be safe.
I would give 20 mg. If you can get to a vet first thing in the morning, then wait before repeating it. If you can't get to a vet until later tomorrow, give another 10 to 20 mg in the morning.