Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog has a sore on his back that I noticed a couple months

Customer Question

My dog has a sore on his back that I noticed a couple months ago, it formed a large scab of dried blood and I cleaned it up. There seemed to be a hole, like it was a cyst that popped, I cleaned it out and it did heal... now the same thing happened again. I think it is the same spot...I washed it and underneath is the similar small hole that was there before.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to ensure I give you the best advice possible...Was it last fall that you noticed it last time?Is there any possibility you could send me a photo of the hole?Does it seem painful or uncomfortable at all?