Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My malamute got into the garbage can and ate chicken bones.

Customer Question

My malamute got into the garbage can and ate chicken bones. He seems normal but he won't go out for any walks like normal. I don't know if he's lazy or if something is wrong. He goes in and out and I can't seem to find where he's been going to the restroom to look for bones. What do you think?
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This has been about 1 1/2 weeks ago.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Any changes to his appetite or thirst?
Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?
If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?
When did you last see him pass feces?
Any straining like he needs to go?
Anything happen on any recent walks that could put him off wanting to go?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I checked him out and everything is ok by the things you have asked. I did find where he was going to the bathroom and he's not having issues there either. He perked up last night so I think it may be the heat.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
That sounds like a reasonable conclusion. Since you did not need our aid for Bear, do let me know if you would like me to send your question back to customer service.
All the best,
Dr. B.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm good. Thank you so much