Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My shitzu terrier ate rat droppings out of his kennel that

Customer Question

My shitzu terrier ate rat droppings out of his kennel that was in the garage, he is throwing up.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My dog has been throwing up this morning and started last night. . He never gets sick and when cleaning out his kennel I noticed rat droppings and I'm afraid he may have ate some. What should I do?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- How much does he weigh? 2- Any other symptoms? 3- How often is he vomiting? 4- Any pre existing medical conditions?