Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

I don't have access to a Vetranarian today and my dog is having

Customer Question

I don't have access to a Vetranarian today and my dog is having back or leg pain ( I cat tell). What can I give him for some relief until tomorrow?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am sorry to hear that your dog is having some trouble. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Over the counter pain medications are often not very helpful for dogs.Aspirin can be used for short term pain, however in many cases especially if the pain in due to a problem in the spine NSAIDs or steroids are needed and aspirin can prevent your vet from administering these types of medications for 7 days after aspirin use. That said in many cases such as this some vets will suggest Tylenol as this will not prevent the vet from giving the above mentioned medications. Now Tylenol can be toxic if not dosed properly and if used long term so I would only use this until you can get him to the vet tomorrow. This is dosed at 5mgs per pound of body weight every 12 hours. I am going to give you some information to review regarding the use of Tylenol, dosing information as well as precautions and potential side effects. LINK I hope he feels better soon. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue. Once our conversation has finished please take a few moments to provide a rating so that I am recognized by justanswer for assisting you today.Candy
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Blitz. How is everything going?

Candy