Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dogs got my Rx off my desk chewed off the lids, and ate all but two of t

Customer Question

My dogs got my Rx for cephalexin off my desk chewed off the lids, and ate all but two of the capsules. I have a maltipoo and a Shelty. I,m not even sure who was the culprit; I was asleep. They both seem OK this morning. No vets here work on weekends. What shall I do? There were 4 capsules in each of two bottles 500mg, for my dental appointments.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible...Any idea when they may have done it?So there were a total of 8 capsules, and they possibly ate 6 of them?Are either of them on any medications?