Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM for 19 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.
2263760

My dog has a small lesion on the inside of her ear. I medicate

Customer Question

My dog has a small lesion on the inside of her ear. I medicate it with antibiotic salve, and hydrocordisone when she agrivates it and it bleeds. Every time it seems to heal, she shakes her head and starts it bleeding all over again. its a vicious cycle going on for about a month. Can I give her a anti inflamatory in a small dose that was perscribed to me. If so what dose, she weighs 63 pounds and is a catahoula breed
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. I think the best thing to do is to put an e-collar, which is a cone collar, on her so she can not scratch it and reopen the wound. You can buy those at larger pet stores like PetSmart. She will not need s huge one. Just one that covers the ear and protects it. You can also get one from the vet.What is the name of the anti-inflammatory?