Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Dr. Bruce. Underneath my dog's eye is swollen and really

Customer Question

Hello Dr. Bruce. Underneath my dog's eye is swollen and really hard.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Is it sore if you press on it?
Any history of trauma to her face? Or insect stings?
How are Holly's teeth? Any tarter or odor?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello DoctorCustomer
Thank you for your response. I just took her into her vet in Oakland this morning. I had already put her on antibiotics so the lump was down when she saw him. Sure enough he says her tooth (can't remember the name of it but a big tooth) was chipped and he's pretty sure it's infected. Will complete the antibiotic course and check back with Dr. Frizell if it returns. If it does, he says he'll probably have to pull it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I rate the service?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
I am glad to hear that Holly's lump was just a dental abscess and nothing more worrisome. Since we didn't actually get to chat about her, please let me know if you would like be to refer you back to customer service.
All the best,
Dr. B.