Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

My yellow lab that is 9 years old and weighing 80+ lbs

Customer Question

Hi, my yellow lab that is 9 years old and weighing 80+ lbs ate tom kat mouse poison from the tom kat mouse poison bait stations. She ate 5 blocks of the green poison. Will hydrogen peroxide to make her throw up be the best way to treat her?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible..How long ago did she eat them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I left home at 1:30 pm and my husband found her at 6 pm tonight. So she ate them at some point during that 5 hour window.
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.At this point, it's too late to induce vomiting. The rodenticide will have been digested and absorbed into her system, so at this time, you need to have her seen by an emergency vet immediately. If you're not sure where the emergency vet it, you can go to: ***** ***** plug in your zip code. They'll point you in the direction of the one nearest to you.At the emergency vet, they'll give her activated charcoal to bind to the toxin and keep it from being absorbed even further, and will get her on a regimen of vitamin K to help flush the system.This is NOT something you can treat at home at this point. I hope this helps.
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lindsay,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Ripple. How is everything going?

Lisa