Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist
2361900

My west bith today wake up very different she start

Customer Question

hi jane, my west bith today wake up very different she start take all her toys and hide under her pillow and nobody can touch... whats means. thanks
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sir or Madam,
My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.
Is she spayed?
If not, when was her last heat cycle?
Is she eating and drinking normally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi jane
I don't know well about it but I thinh she was sprayed because I have a west boy as well and he run behind her all the time
since yesterday she not eat nothing and no water as well
JaCustomer,
If you are not sure if she is spayed or not, then there is the possibility of pregnancy. However, it sounds more like she is experiencing a false pregnancy. First off, put a drop of karo syrup or pancake syrup on her tongue to be sure she does not become hypoglycemic. If possible, get some nutrical from the pet store so she doesn't suffer nutritionally from not eating.
If she is pregnant then it is possible that she is nesting and getting ready to go into labor. If she is not pregnant and experiencing a false labor then it is likely she has adopted her toys as her "babies" This is preety common. They will adopt toys and hide them away as if they are pups. This usually lasts about 3 weeks and then they gradually lose interest in their pups as they would once the pups were weaned. They will sometimes have weight gain, breast development and even milk production.
You can read up on false pregnancy here:
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_canine_false_pregnancy.html
There are some medications available to help control milk production and other symptoms, but it usually resolves by itself in a few weeks. You can read about these medications on the following page.
http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proceedings.plx?CID=WSAVA2006&PID=16052&O=Generic
A male would not be very interested in her if she was spayed. I'm not sure how long you have had her but pregnancy lasts about 63 days. If you have had her that long and your male has been interested in her rear, then she likely is not spayed.
Since you are unsure of her reproductive status, I have to recommend you have her seen by your vet to determine that and to see if she is indeed pregnant or not. Just in case you can't get her seen and she is in labor, here is a site that goes over whelping.
http://www.k9web.com/dog-faqs/medical/whelping.html
I hope this information is helpful to you. If you need more information or clarification, please reply and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. If you are satisfied, please take the opportunity to rate.