Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I'm Dan. Have a 3 year old Minpin that is very lethargic,

Customer Question

hi, I'm Dan. Have a 3 year old Minpin that is very lethargic, been to the Vet twice last week, they can't find anything wrong. Doesn't want to eat or drink. Just sleeps curled up. Been force feeding her with RX liver and Electrolytes. This has been going on now for 12 days. Any hints?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. While lethargy and anorexia are important symptoms they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative of any one disorder). I need to know which diagnostics have been performed so far - blood and urine tests and/or X-rays or ultrasound? Can you upload a copy of her test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but her vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or by using an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com.