Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist
2361900

Again Bella had a lot of gas this weekend starting late yesterday

Customer Question

Again Bella had a lot of gas this weekend starting late yesterday she has been aprobiotic pills the vet put her on for weeks ago half a tablet a day experiencing a lot of gas think she has to poop I feel bad what can I do to the vet gets back from vacation
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sir or Madam,
Many things can cause gas. It is believed that dog foods containing soy products and other food allergies contribute to gas problems as well. Sometimes a change in diet will help the problem.
Smaller meals spread out can help and taking your dog for walks after meals cuts down on gas. You are already adding good bacteria to your dog's stomach to aid in the digestion as well. I use a spoonful of plain unflavored yogurt on my dog's food to keep good bacteria in their stomach as well, but there are products.
Here is a site that discusses the problem:
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1571&articleid=253
Gas-x can be used. Dosage information for gas-x can be found on this site. It states the adult dosage is 40 to 125 mg four times a day but not to exceed 500mg per day.
http://www.drugs.com/cons/gas-x.html
Beano can also be used. I hope this information is helpful to you. If you need more information or clarification, please reply and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. If you are satisfied, please take the opportunity to rate.