Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My dog sitter in Florida told me that my dog got into a bag

Customer Question

My dog sitter in Florida told me that my dog got into a bag of greenies a whole bag and ate them what can I do to remedy this I am in Chicago I will call her
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.
Hello there. I am sorry to hear Sasha ate all her greenies. I am happy to help you this evening. The best thing to do would be to induce vomiting to bring up all the greenies she ate. Use hydrogen peroxide at a dose of 1 tablespoon per 10 lbs of body weight by mouth. Wait 15 minutes if she does not vomit then repeat. You can do this up to three times. This should make her vomit and bring up most of the greenies. Whatever remains should digest. Just monitor her over the next 2 to 3 days for excessive vomiting or lethargy or not wanting to eat. If that happens she should be seen by a vet to make sure nothing else is going on. I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!