Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My dog has terrible nightmares complete with deafening howls

Customer Question

My dog has terrible nightmares complete with deafening howls and blindly running. What can I do to help him?????
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today. The best thing to do is wake the dog up using your voice, unless you are sure he won't wake up and snap at you. But sometimes dogs that have seizures and people think it is night tremors so if there is any urinating or vomiting when the dog comes out if it then you should see your vet for possible seizure activity
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Some dogs act out through night terrors when there is actual pain in the body. So that is another thing to consider. This can be anything from prostate cancer to brain tumors. If the dog has not been checked thoroughly by your vet I would have this done. I would also video tape the episodes so you can show your vet. You may find this article interesting regarding what was found when the dog had night terrors. www.thepetdocs.com/articles/terrors.html
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Bogie. How is everything going?

Sally G.