Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My bichon is strething

Customer Question

My bichon is stretching uncomfortable. I have gas x but it's a soft gel 125mg. What can I do until I get her to our vet at 7am? Can I split the soft gel or should I give her the whole?her gums are moist and pink. Yesterday - not her usual poop.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hurry! I only have the gas x soft gels! 125 mg. do I give my dog this split it or what? Do we go to the dog ER or can I wait until 7am for our vet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available (hence the delay in the question being open for me). Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Are you hearing a lot of gas in her gut?
How much does she weigh?
If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?
Could she have eaten anything she should not have (ie bones, stones, socks, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?
Was the Trident one with xylitol?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just got off the phone with our ER. She's uncomfortable but not throwing up. I'm going to try and hold off until 7am when I think the vet office opens. And yes, I believe it was trident peppermint sugarless....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think this is helping. I'll try to wait the hour or just take her in ER
Expert:  dianne-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
(http://www.justanswer.com/pet-dog/96bxt-bichon-stretching-uncomfortable-gas-it-s.html).
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.