Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

My name is***** i Have a year old golden retriever,

Customer Question

Hi Jane, my name is***** i Have a year old golden retriever, up to date on vaccinations. We took our puppy to a daycare for 6 hours today and he is throwing up white foam and undigested food. He is panting very hard.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to ensure I give you the best advice possible...Other than the vomiting, how is he acting?Is the panting any better than when you first posted your question?Has he ever gone to daycare before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes he has gone to daycare. He is very tired but drooling.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Panting is better but breathing heavy.
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Has he been eating/drinking normally today?Is his belly hard to the touch, or soft?Do you know if they gave him any new food or treats?Has he urinated or defecated since you got him home?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has urinated. Belly was soft.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure if they gave him new food. I dropped him off around 12pm and I had fed him. Not sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not think they fed him anything. He chewed on a frozen bone with some marrow in it. Bought it at a high end pet stor.
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.In the absence of any "real" symptoms (such as vomiting, diarrhea, problems urinating, defecating or anything else), I suspect we can just chalk this up to a big day at daycare for him.Some dogs will play really, really hard when they're at daycare, and then come home with some digestive upset and extreme lethargy. Add to that the panting that has resolved, and I feel like a good night's sleep will get him back to his old self.That being said...I'd still keep an eye on him for tonight and see how he does. If he shows any new symptoms, or if he just doesn't seem quite like himself in the morning, then you should give your vet a call and have them take a peek at him, just to be on the safe side.I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He vomited white foam and undigested dog food.
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
That would be the digestive upset that I mentioned.It's actually pretty common for them to vomit after eating when they're so worn out. As long as he's not still vomiting, I'd just keep an eye on it.