Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

There is about 5-6 hard knots under my dogs neck and he is

Customer Question

there is about 5-6 hard knots under my dogs neck and he is coughing and it is 9:19 pm here and no vet. Anything I should do until morning?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to ensure I give you the best advice possible...How long has Denzel been doing this?Are the knots sort of off to the side of his neck?Does he ever turn blue at all while he is coughing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a six lb. male chi and I spent the entire morning (9am-2) at the vet with still no answers. We do know that the lumps are his lymph glands, they drew some fluid off and will not get an answer until next week from the lab. His x-rays look fine, blood work the same. Eating and drinking fine, but his body is trying to tell me something and I am worried. Spent a lot of money so far and no real answers. I am hoping that he will be fine until the lab work comes back. He got shot of antibiotics and cortisol (sp) not sure how to spell.
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Since he just started the medication today, give it another 24 hours to see if you show any improvement. The swelling in the lymph nodes is a bit troubling, but with the normal bloodwork, I don't feel like we need to jump to any conclusions just yet.