Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Have a yorkie 8 mos old and we feed her daily but she is starting

Customer Question

have a yorkie 8 mos old and we feed her daily but she is starting to eat some of our walls tahe are either painted or plain plaster
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.
It sounds like she may be doing this because she is teething. They will get some adult teeth and molars in during this time frame. That will make dogs want to chew things. Sometimes they chew furniture, shoes, bones, ect. Some dogs will chew on walls.
The best way to prevent this, is to keep her crated when she is not supervised. You can also use rawhides to let her chew and get out some of that need to chew. She should outgrow this by the time she is 14-18 months old and all of her adult teeth have fully erupted.
I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.