Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog has been throwing up, off and on, a week,

Customer Question

My dog has been throwing up, off and on, for about a week, tonight I came home and there was diarreah in two places around the house. Then she started throwing up. She slept for a few hrs and now just woke up throwing up again. She us a wheaten terrier poodle mox, and is 13 years old.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am sorry to hear that Ruby is not feeling well. I would be happy to help I just have a few questions so I can better assist you. Any chance she got in to anything toxic?Is she spayed , if not when was her last heat cycle? Has she had any recent changes to her diet including new food, treats or human foods? Does she have any previous medical history or is she on any medications? Does she ever eat things she should not such as toys, clothing etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your inquiries, we took rubes to an emergency vet center yesterday. She had a large mass in you stomach and was in kidney failure. We had to put her down. I am heartbroken, but I know it was the right decision.

Thanks, Jen

Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
Oh no I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to let go but thankfully for our fur family we can show the last act of love and kindness by letting them go and ending their suffering. You now have a very special angel watching over you.