petdrz.
petdrz., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

I I have a pug about 7 years old. She has a film over her left

Customer Question

i I have a pug about 7 years old. She has a film over her left eye and it has gunk in the corner of the eye. I saw a vet yesterday and he suggested eye drops and to see an optometrist. He checked the pressure in the eye and said it was 20-21, a little high. The pupil was slightly dialated but was responsive. I live in NE Pa. Are there any optometrists in this area, Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Dog
Expert:  petdrz. replied 1 year ago.
It sound like a good idea to have her eyes evaluated by an ophthalmologist. Pugs are prone to eye issues due to the conformation of their head and anatomy. Here is a link to a webpage that can help you find one in your area or at least somewhere nearby.LINK HEREGood luck and I hope that is helpful.