Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog ate eucerin chapstick

Customer Question

my dog ate eucerin chapstick
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Hello again and thanks for waiting. I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. The ingredients of chapsticks are in all cases I have ever encountered non toxic to dogs, they usually just have a Vaseline like effect, when you think about it these products are applied to the lips { Of humans } they they would have to be very non toxic and wholesome. 2. I have known the odd smaller dog have a mild transient bout of gastroenteritis after such incidents but most dogs do not show symptoms so as long as the plastic container was not swallowed then you would have little cause for concern and there would be no special measures you need take. { If the container was swallowed then please get straight back to me and I will advise you further ... } I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,
I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the chapstick incident.
How are things going?
Regards,
Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.