Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist
2361900

My dog is on 21ccs of Propalin a day and Stilbesterol once a

Customer Question

My dog is on 21ccs of Propalin a day and Stilbesterol once a week for a leaking problem. It works most of the time but still the occasional leak. Is there anything else I can do for her?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.
Hi JaCustomer,
My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
It sounds like your vet has a pretty good handle on the situation though you might need a little adjustment of her dosages. Discuss that with your vet. Those are some of them normal medications used to control incontinence.
Some other medications might include Imipramine, and Deslorelin if others don't achieve results.
http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/imipramine-tofranil/page1.aspx
.
A specialist in veterinary surgery could perform surgical procedures such as colposuspension, cystourethropexy and prosthetic sphincter implantation which may solve the problem and eliminate the need for any medication.
At this stage, your dog is considered elderly but should still have a few years left. You can also start with diapers for those times she is inside. That would help with the occasional leakage.
I hope this information is helpful to you. If you need more information or clarification, please reply and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. If you are satisfied, please take the opportunity to rate.