Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog has symptoms of Lyme disease I need to get him anti

Customer Question

My dog has symptoms of Lyme disease I need to get him antibiotics
Submitted: 1 year ago via Dog-Health-Guide.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am sorry no one was available to help you sooner, I just signed in and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years.
Can you tell me what symptoms he is having?
Have you had him seen and tested by your vet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I recur animals live in the mountains and less than 2 months ago he had a tick , usually they r no problem. He's listless not eating breathing hard and u can see his muscles hurt. If u tell me to take him to the vet this site is a joke.
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately the law prevents us from prescribing meds unless there is a Dr client relationship. The fact that we can not legally prescribe meds does not in any way make this site or us as professionals a joke. We are real experts in the veterinary field which means not only do we have laws to follow but we also have ethics that we must stand behind.
Prescribing any drug to a dog that we do not even know has lyme would be not only illegal but also unethical. The over use of antibiotics is causing resistant bacterial infection in animals so proper diagnosis is needed before dispensing meds
I am sorry that we are not going to be able to help you in acquiring medications. If you would like I would be happy to process a refund for you.
While these could be symptoms of a tick borne illness,these would not be typical signs of Lyme disease