Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog ingested a possible amount of 10mg , he weighs maybe

Customer Question

My dog ingested a possible amount of 10mg , he weighs maybe 10-11 pounds he rapidly got excited and was jumping happily, then wobbly and now just way too relaxed, after I saw him demonstrate that side effect I allowed him to lay down but yet keep him awake and alert for 20 mins as I know the drug is taking full effect, its been about 40 mins and after keeping him awake I allowed him to doze off slowley , waking him every five mins not allowing the drop of blood pressure to continue to drop I figured slightly waking him abruptly alerting him would help jump his heart rate a lil keeping at a steady level judging by his breathe, he is now out cold but regular good breathing pattern, he snored a lil bit but now he's just out cold, I have PTSD and got this dog a week ago and being bi polar and anxiety I bounce all over sometimes and I just should have taken the precaution of cleaning the house more thoroughly before waking up one day without the thought of owning a dog to having him home hours later, Im not in a relationship and haven't been for awhile because sometimes I can barely handle myself but I've helped train dogs for people with special needs in the past and learned that a dogs companionship help PTSD and it does , I don't wanna see him go, do you think he will be fine?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
You noted a dose, but not the drug. Can you tell me what he had specifically?
How long ago did he ingest this?