Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog ate some vita chews - I donot know how many- it is 9:45 aat night -se ate them some

Customer Question

my dog ate some vita chews - I donot know how many- it is 9:45 aat night -se ate them sometime today - maybe 5 or more - what can I givr her to eat to help her?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for requesting me, Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.Rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Hello again and thanks for waiting. I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. Vita chews for dogs LINK are very non toxic so the chances are that if Sassy only ate a few, say six or less that you will not see any symptoms and she will be just fine. You may want to give her a little milk at present just to help settle her stomach. 2. Of course if any odd symptoms do appear then you should have her checked over by your vet without delay, but this would be very unlikely. 2. However if you fail to induce vomiting or if any odd symptoms occur then you should have your dog checked over by a vet without delay. In your case expected side effects would include : vomiting, diarrhoea, lethargy, depression and inccordination. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,
I am just checking back in to see how Sassy is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the vita chews.
How are things going?
Regards,
Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.