Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have a Central Asian Shepherd that is 9 months old and she

Customer Question

I have a Central Asian Shepherd that is 9 months old and she has a couple scabs under her front legs that are about 2 inches in length. Is there a cream I should buy her?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.Unfortunately the expert you requested is not online at present but I know you will be wanting a quick answer so I have decided to step in, I hope this OK with you. My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :1. Are these scabs itchy at all for Krassa? 2. Is she other wise in good health and does she have any othe rskin problems?You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is in perfect health. She had dandruff about 3 months ago because we were washing her weekly. But we increased it to washing monthly. This is the first month that we have seen these scabs.
Hello again and thanks for waiting. I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. A simple home remedy which might be effective would be to apply the likes of Neosporin Cream to the area twice a day for five to seven days and then see how it goes. Many simple skin conditions can be resolved in this way but a few may need prescription drugs such as antibiotics from your vet. 2. From your description this does not sound so serious so there would be no harm in giving the likes of Neosporin a go first before getting your vet involved. If Neosporin does not do any good it will be very unlikely to do any harm. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,
I am just checking back in to see how Krassa is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the scabs under her front legs
How are things going?
Regards,
Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are still applying the cream. She has another one that we found on her other leg. But the other two spots are clearing up.
Thanks very much for the update, I hope Krassa continues to improve, please get back to me if I can help you further ... Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.