How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rebecca Your Own Question
Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 13320
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Rebecca is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hey candy i have a 120 pound husky he ate a small block of

Customer Question

hey candy i have a 120 pound husky he ate a small block of tomcat mouse poison it was he him for about and hour we gave him hydrogen peroxide and thew up looks like most of the stuff is there anything we need to do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hello,
I am sorry to hear about what Sam ate. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.
Tomcat makes more than one kind of mouse poison. Do you happen to have the box or label, to see what the active ingredient is?
Good thinking to use hydrogen peroxide. If you saw the poison in the vomit, he will probably be OK.
If we know that this is one of the anticoagulant rat poisons, I might consider putting him on the antidote vitamin K 1 for a few weeks. If it is the neurologic type of poison there is no antidote, so it is good you got him to vomit
Let me know if you have the label or box.
Rebecca
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
The nasty, no antidote kind contains bromethalin.
Let me know if you know what is was.

Related Dog Questions