Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

My 63 lb beagle/lab mix dog ate our leftover Eggplant parmesan

Customer Question

My 63 lb beagle/lab mix dog ate our leftover Eggplant parmesan by Michael Angelo's probably 20 0z portion. He seems fine but I did'nt know what to expect
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am sorry to hear that Spot has you worried. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help.
Eating is what both beagles and labs do best so I am not at all surprised that he wanted a snack.
Thankfully there is no cause for concern with regards ***** ***** That said any change in diet can cause some digestive upset including vomiting or diarrhea.
In most case this is self limiting and will resolve in a day or two. If he does develop diarrhea you can add some white rice to his food for a day or two. If he develops any vomiting then I would with hold all food for 12 hours and then offer a bland diet of boiled chicken or hamburger for 2-3 days to allow the stomach to rest.
Beyond some digestive upset I would not expect to see any problems.
I hope this helps ease your mind.Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to help. If you have no additional questions, please take a few minutes to provide a rating before exiting the site so I am compensated by Justanswer for assisting you.
Candy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Candy, Thank you for your quick response. I appreciate your input and knowledge. Gilda
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. Give Spot a good pet from me and tell him I said I know it's hard but stop eating things he is not supposed to