Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have a mini dachshund with a mass prolapsing out her anus.

Customer Question

I have a mini dachshund with a mass prolapsing out her anus. It is about the size of a blueberry and not obstructing. She is just over 1 year old and spayed with no other medical history. We have already spent a lot of money on her and are set to see a surgeon tomorrow. I feel this is unnecessary and it would be easily removed by a general vet without the added cost of subspecialty care and consultation. I even thought of just putting a rubber band on it. We can't afford the estimated 1000-1500 plus consultation fee.
I have a photo as well, but am unable to attach it. She is straining to defecate more, but is not obstructed
Category: Dog
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like my money back. Obviously this was of no value to me. No answer was offered at all!