Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

Year and a half old lab clear dripping from nose lethargic

Customer Question

year and a half old lab clear dripping from nose lethargic no apettite. husband has been gone for three days came back yesterday from hospital with back brace on. good this be too many changes at once?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today
With any sudden change in behavior it is always advised the dog see a vet to rule out illness.
Though dogs do get stressed, if you are not really changing anything in the dogs routine then your husbands return should not stress the dog out to the point of not eating. However to be sure, try feeding the dog in an area where there is no activity going on. If your husbands return has frightened or stressed the dog out, then he should still eat when alone in a room. If your husband is in pain then cries of pain can stress some dogs, but it should not cause the nose to run, be lethargic and have no appetite.
I would monitor the dog's vital signs such as temperature, gum color, and capillary refill time etc. If you are not sure how to do this the link below will take you step by step. I would seek a hands on exam from your vet as well.
www.petplace.com/article/dogs/first-aid-for-dogs/nursing-care-for-sick-dogs/what-is-normal-in-dogs-heart-rate-breathing-rate-and-temperature
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Erin,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Sally G.