Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My puppy vomited and is drooling excessively. What's the c

Customer Question

My puppy vomited and is drooling excessively. What's the cause?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Hi this is Dr J and I will be happy to help you with this. First, it is important to know that vomiting is a very non-specific sign of disease. So there is absolutely no way to know the cause of vomiting without diagnostics. Second, drooling usually means or indicates nausea. So what we have is a puppy that has nausea and is vomiting. Common causes of vomiting in puppies include things like foreign bodies, ingestion of a toxic compound, viral diseases and parasites. But you will need to have your puppy examined by a vet and have testing (bloodwork), stool checks and possibly xrays to find out why your puppy is vomiting. I wish I could give you more information than this but it is just not possible without performing the above mentioned testing. I will be happy to answer any follow up questions you may have. I would recommend having your puppy seen asap as some of the causes of vomiting are life threatening. Please leave any questions you may have here and I will check back with you in the am. Most Sincerely, DRJ
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Hi this is Dr J checking back in with you. Please let me know if you need further help. Most Sincerely, DrJ
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Hi Leia,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Leia Chase. How is everything going?

Dr. J.