Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

My 15 year old golden has parenchyma mottled what is that

Customer Question

my 15 year old golden has parenchyma mottled what is that
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also the ultra sound says moderately nodular, there is a 2cm hypoechoic nodule caudal on the edge of liver next to stomach
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.
To know for sure what we're talking about, it helps if you know what those two words mean:
The parenchyma is the functional tissue of an organ as distinguished from the connective and supporting tissue. So in this case, it would be the covering of the liver, or the organs surrounding the liver.
Mottled just describes any patchy coloring.
So what your vet saw is a patchy colored covering to the area around that nodule.
This is actually pretty normal to see in a liver that has some disease process going on like this nodule.
I hope this helps.
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Lisa