Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dachshund starting acting strange last night.

Customer Question

My dachshund starting acting strange last night. She is still walking around but slowly and acting troubled. She ate a very small amount last night and did use the bathroom twice. When I picked her up to see what was wrong her belly felt very hard and was spasming and her lower back started to as well. She laid on the sofa with us watching her for about 45 mins, her nose was dry and hot and her hear felt feverish. We monitored her and after about an hour, it was late into the evening at that point, her nose got cold and wet again and she looked normal again. She came up to bed with us. I just woke up and she's paying with us, no panting or salivating, her nose is nice cool, but if I touch her lower back I can tell it's not normal. It's spasming and she seems more sensitive there now from last night. I'm reading all these back and dachshund injuries and hers doesn't sound as bad so do I take her to the ER right now? Wait till morning? She's snoring now so I know she's sleeping but I obviously cannot.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear about Lucy. I am also sorry an expert was not available to help you when you posted your question.
How is she doing now? Do you still need help with her? I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on my way to take her to her vet. Thanks! I would like my 10 dollars refunded as well. It specifically said a vet was online and available to chat. I will try and use this site again the future. Thanks again!
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I was not up at that hour, sorry!
Hope she is better soon.