Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

Sally!! I have a husky that is my medical dog. Shes about

Customer Question

Hi Sally!! I have a husky that is my medical dog. Shes about 5 years old. Her right hind leg shakes when standing and now when its time to go outside, she hides under the kids bed and tries to nest. No, shes not pregnant. Im worried about dysplasia with her. Also 2 years ago she was hit by a car, which she recovered and all xrays came back amazing -- no broken bones, just shock. Normally dysplasia doesnt start this soon, so is it possible she just needs glucosamine?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for requesting me. Actually dogs can have hip dysplasia as a puppy. We see it usually when the dog is brought in to be fixed and there is an x ray of the hips done. Usually one will notice bunny hopping when then run which is a sign of hip dysplasia.
It's very possible also that there is some arthritis developing.
I would start giving cosequin daily and go by the directions as in the beginning you have to load them up then taper off to a normal dose. You can buy this online at Walmart.com.
If she is hiding under the bed it could be a symptom she is not feeling well and does not want to be bothered.
I would suggest a Vet visit for some possible Rimadyl or Novox for inflammation of the joint pain and see if that helps. At least you will have a bottle on hand as she is getting older and this is when trouble with the joints start to set in.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Sally G.