Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My 11 month old dogs paw seems to be bothering him. It's getting a bright pink co

Customer Question

Hi, my 11 month old dogs paw seems to be bothering him. It's getting a bright pink color to it (on the bottom, between the pads) and there seems to be one really small spot that might be a bite or a sore. He's licking it a lot. It's just the one foot. I don't think its infected but I'm not sure. But the vets office is closed right now. Is there something I can do for him at home to stop or reduce the swelling/redness until I can bring him in to the vet tomorrow ? Like a foot soak? We have a Trypzyme-v aerosol spray for dogs here at home that I could put on it, would that help? Is there anything else I could do?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Hi this is DR J and I would recommend soaking his foot in warm water mixed with hydrogen peroxide. Use 1/2 parts water and 1/2 part hydrogen peroxide. Then is you have some hydrocortisone cream apply it to his foot and try to watch him long enough to let that soak in well. Rub it in real well into irritated area.
Then have your vet look at it tomorrow in case there is a foreign body lodged in it. Hope this helps. Most Sincerely, DRJ
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you need further help. Most Sincerely, DRJ
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
I will check back with you tomorrow in case you have additional questions.
Sincerely,DrJ
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
I am checking back with you to see if you need additional help.
Sincerely, DRJ