Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

My 26 lb Schnauzer who has Cushing's disease accidentally got

Customer Question

My 26 lb Schnauzer who has Cushing's disease accidentally got a 15 mg Prevacid? Will he be okay?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
Hello I m sorry to hear Sugarbehr has you worried. My name is ***** ***** I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years. I would be happy to help
Prevacid is a drug that we do use in dogs at a dose of 0.5-1mg per pound of body weight every 24 hours.
The 15 mgs would be well within the recommended dosing for Sugarbehr so there would be no concerns regarding toxicity.
He should be just fine. This is also a medication that can be given with the drugs used to treat Cushings so there would be no concerns in that area if he is on medications.
Sugarbehr should be just fine. I hope this helps ease your mind. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue.
Candy
If you have no additional questions please take the time to provide a rating to close out the question. Closing the question does not mean that you can not come back for follow up as the question is always open to you. It simply closes it on my end so I can assist other pet owners. I strive to provide excellent service so please reply back if I can be of additional assistance.