Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

I applied hartz flea treatment to my min pin on friday... she's

Customer Question

I applied hartz flea treatment to my min pin on friday... she's eating but clearly not herself. She threw up on a walk before dinner and she's been laying around since eating. She just turned 6. Is there anything we can do for hrt
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Canine Health.
Hartz and other over the counter flea treatments have a horrible reputation and we never suggest using them. What I would like you to do is give Sophie a bath in Blue Dawn Dish Soap wash her well rinse and repeat the wash and rinse,
This is some information on others who have had issues with over the counter flea treatments like Hartz: http://www.hartzvictims.org/
If Sophie doe not feel better by morning and after bathing please get her into the Vet for an examination. They may need to give some Subcutaneous fluids to help flush her system of the toxins from the flea treatment.
Please let me know if I have addressed your concerns. If I have please take a moment to rate my service so I can be compensated by the Site for time and answers.
Joan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we only have antibacterisl dawn (orange). we are at a campground ... can we use thid?

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
That would work fine. Dawn Products are very safe. we want to get as much of the treatment off as possible, It is oil based and the Dawn Dish soap should break it down. Just be sure to rinse well after washing.
Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
I am checking in to see how Sophie is doing. I hope the information helped and she is doing better.
Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

I hope Sophie is doing better and my information was helpful. I know that was a very scary experience.