Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My male Cavalier King Charles Spaniel keeps peeing on the legs

Customer Question

My male Cavalier King Charles Spaniel keeps peeing on the legs of furniture. He is litter box trained and never lifted his leg or had any accidents until my current (new) husband moved in about 2 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
H, this is DR J and I will be happy to help you with this. Is your dog neutered?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes since 5 mos old
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
OK. So you are saying he started lifting his leg when your new husband moved into the house. Well, that could have caused him some stress but here is what I think is going on. Some dogs that are litter trained will lose their house training because these dogs never really 'get it 'that they are not supposed to go in the house. Unfortunately for you, you will have to start over with his house training and I would recommend that this time you use a crate and train him to go outside. It might even be worth your money to get a certified trainer to help you with this. I am standing by for any questions you might have for me....Sincerely, DRJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks. I think you are right. I need to train him to go outside.
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Can I help you with anything else?
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
If you need anything else, just let me know. Most Sincerely, DrJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I think I am good. It's just going to be a big job to retrain my dogs to go outside. But if that is what I have to do I will do it.Thanks
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Take care!
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Hi this is DR J and I am checking back in with you to see if you need further help. Sincerely, DRJ
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Charlie Brown. How is everything going?

Dr. J.