Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My 15 year old beagle has developed small pink growths between

Customer Question

My 15 year old beagle has developed small pink growths between her two center toes on her front left paw. The vet also said there is a non communicating growth in the bottom of her paw as well. They have become bigger in the past week or so since she started limping and now she cannot put weight on her foot. The vet said she had never seen it before and put her on pain medication and antibiotics and a foot soak 2x per day. We are not seeing any improvement. What could be the next course of action. She is otherwise healthy and blood tests came back normal.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Because of CC's age, I would worry that this may be a tumor. It could be a benign tumor but since the treatment has not helped, the next step is to biopsy this area. The chances are good that these are benign growths that she may have to live with since removal would be difficult in this area. Ask your vet to biopsy these areas to know for sure.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it help if I sent a picture? I am not sure they can leave it as it prevents her from walking normally.
Yes, Denise, if you can send a picture, that would really help. Attach it to the Paper clip...

Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not see a paper clip in the reply option
MMM...not sure ...you can send an attachment to:

*****@******.*** and they will send the pictures to me. Reference this post. Sorry for the inconvenience Denise.

Thanks!
Thank you Denise for the picture....sorry it has taken so long.

This appears to be a benign tumor and the position of this could be removed even under a local anesthesia considering CC's age. A biopsy of this will tell your vet if this is benign or malignant but to me, it appears to be benign. Since the treatment has not solved the problem, this is most likely a tumor.

Have CC rechecked by your vet and ask abut removal of these masses.