Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dogs eye is swollen around the eye brow and to the outside. In the outside corner insid

Customer Question

my dogs eye is swollen around the eye brow and to the outside. In the outside corner inside her eye I can see grey swelling. Sort of like a cherry eye but inside the outside corner
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
You've described swelling of both the brow and conjunctiva (chemosis) suggestive of trauma or perhaps envenomation by flying insect or spider. Can you upload a photo of this area to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.