Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I was just wondering if I could give my dog allergy and

Customer Question

I was just wondering if I could give my dog allergy and hayfever relief human 10mg tablets (cetirixine hydrochloride) if not what could i use she has a swollen leg (dont know how?) with a lumb im thinking a bite she is a 3 and a half year old bull mastive?
could you help??
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Now I assume you mean Cetirizine hydrochloride. If that is the case then you can use consider using this at a dose of 1 milligram per kilogram of Ruby's body weight once daily. Furthermore, if you suspect a bug bite, you can warm compress this lump a few times daily to reduce its swelling. Of course, if this doesn't settle over the next few days or she has any discomfort, then we'd want to consider having her vet check this to make sure there is nothing more sinister (ie abscess, hematoma, mass, etc) that needs additional treatment to clear for her.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Ruby. How is everything going?

nekovet