Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

What is safe dose of doxycycline 84# ***** diagnosed with

Customer Question

what is safe dose of doxycycline for a 84# ***** diagnosed with Lymme disease? concerned about esophageal bleeding & 200 mg twice daily dose prescribed
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
The dose you have noted is appropriate for his weight, as he can have 380-420 mg daily. So this is a safe dose. To avoid esophageal irritation or issues, just make sure to offer a bit of food after he eats to push the tablets into the stomach. Or you could pre treat with a teaspoon of milk of magnesia or an alternative liquid antacid to protect the throat.
All the best,
Dr. B.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

nekovet