Sarah
Sarah, Professional Pet Care Provider
Experience:  Owner – Professional Pet Care Company, 20 yrs exp w/ Horses, Dogs, Cats, Equine Vet Tech
4536903

My 6 month old german shepherd puppy just ate one of my stud

Customer Question

My 6 month old german shepherd puppy just ate one of my stud earrings and I am trying to find out what to do about it.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sarah replied 1 year ago.
I'm so sorry! Isis you silly puppy!
99% of the time "this too shall pass" and your love of your earrings will decide on if you'll go looking for it when it comes out.
The digestion process is fairly quick (just like yours and mine) so probably by your morning walk or so you can go treasure hunting.
The other 1% of the time random sharp items can perforate intestine walls. The size of the stud it's unlikely but... It could happen. This is why one should never feed dogs chicken bones - now imagine a half broken chicken leg bone perforating an intestinal wall... And compare with your stud....
If your dog starts exhibit signs of distress, vomiting, painful panting... It's time to zoom to your vets office.
For now it's a waiting game. I really feel the stud will be encased in some phlegm type goo and will head on down the intestines and you'll be able to tell your friends that Isis poops gold!
Best of luck to you - let me know if you have any other questions.